15s30m workshops are a great way to help staff understand how 15s30m can help them increase joy at work for themselves, colleagues and patients
It works best with 6-8 people and 2 facilitators. Don’t worry if you’ve never run a workshop before, have a go with some friendly colleagues for a trial run
- Invite people – usually a combination of band 3-4-5 staff, from different areas works best. If you invite people all from the same team, it can turn into a team meeting rather than individuals talking freely about what they would like to change. Send out the workshop FAQ so people know what to expect, and a youtube link too if you like.
- Book a room – you’ll need 15 mins set up, 90 mins for the workshop and 15 mins to tidy away after. Don’t forget you’ll need your PC/laptop, a screen or projector. You’ll need wifi or internet connection if you want to run the youtube videos.
- Get your resources ready! Print out mission pack for each person, a workshop pack and questionnaire for each person, an agenda, and a register. The cog set we use is from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quercetti-2341-Georello-Kaleidogears-55pc/dp/B00000J048/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530108032&sr=8-3&keywords=cog+game but any similar one will work. We find a flip chart and pen useful. Someone will need a stopwatch on their phone for the 15 second challenge.
- Put up some signs! Often people are going to a bit of the hospital they haven’t been in before: if you can offer a mobile number too so they can ring if they are lost – what a great #15s30mMission!
- Have a run through the agenda and decide who is keeping track of time. Its also worth asking if you can take pictures as it’s a great way of sharing with your trust – and us!- what’s gone on. Do you have a trust newsletter? Or a departmental meeting you could report back to?
- May sure the missions are TARDIS friendly; some ideas are good ideas for change, but not as a quick 15s30m mission. Take a picture of them holding up their mission packs and send to us via email if they are happy for them to go on the website.
- Launch your Mission! At the end, make sure everyone knows when they are going to start their mission. Arrange to go and meet or call them in a few weeks to see how they are doing. Sometimes people have thought of more ideas and are keen to tell you about them.Avoid email: its not personal enough
- Send out the questionnaires again 4 weeks later – and do send us the results please!
- Then get ready to plan your next workshop!